Kyuwan asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 month ago

Why most of MMA gyms teach BJJ instead of wrestling?

I really curious about it. Many UFC champions are from wrestling background. It means wrestling is stronger than BJJ. However, why most of MMA gyms teach BJJ instead of wrestling. I checked many MMA gyms in US, Japan, UK and South Korea. Almost over 80 or 90% of the MMA gyms teach BJJ. Do you know the reason?

Jiu jitsu has a easier learning curve to get from white belt to blue belt and so on. Wrestling is hard from the beginning and a lot of guys will quit before long.

Marketing.

Look at how effective the marketing of BJJ is at brainwashing individuals just based on the other answer here.

Brazilian Jujitsu is one of the most effective and strongest martial arts styles. Just because many UFC champions have done wrestling doesn't mean that wrestling is superior to Brazilian Jujitsu. I could say that this martial arts style is better than wrestling in almost every category.

Many powerful people have used Brazilian Jujitsu as their main martial art and a person who's a master at it can definitely beat a Kung Fu master.