I want to remodel my room but...?

I want to remodel my room but...

1. I have no courage whatsoever to ask my parents anything this big. We are kind of rich I guess but I dont want them thinking I want to waste their money!

2. I painted my room like 2 or 3 years ago, but now I dont like the pink very much. I want to go with white, and light grey on the back wall. But my parents probably wont let me since i just got it painted a few years ago

3. I dont like my offwhite dressers. I want to either get new ones (which are really expensive) or paint them white/light grey (which will take too much time, and much expensive paint

How can a i build up the courage to ask? I am almost sure they will say no, but i think they may yell at me because it would probably cost too much.

Oh hun i TOTALLY feel you! (even though im not rich :) bring the conversation up slowly or just be bold. I redid my room and it only cost about $150  which included a huge ikea bookshelf and nightstand. I repainted my dresser and headstand with spray paint and it only took about a week. THRIFT STORES and GARAGE SALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can get premium stuff that would be originally $200 for $20!!!!!! Half my room is from thrift stores, friends, and garage sales. And if you think that the stuff isnt clean then wash it! i REALLY hope this helped! i know it can be stressful

• I care

Why not stop all the worries and just sit down with your parents and ask for some changes in your room and clothing.  Working together is so important.  

I think it is sweet you want changes, as I worked with my daughter when these events happened...….we worked together on mainly her ideas....it was such fun.  

• martin

Tell this to your parents, and explain that you are not requesting all this because of the expense involved. Then ask your parents' opinions of your room, and request that they make a reasonable suggestion of some changes that would be an improvement but not cost so much.

i would just ask your parents, thats all you can do

• k w

tell them you are tired of it now, and ask for their opinion on what to do ! I don't think they'll get mad, they may be glad you grew out of that phase and will be supportive, and maybe even have suggestions.....ask at breakfast or dinner.....

Ask your parents. See what they think of your idea.