Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 8 months ago

Is it appropriate to wear high heels to court?

I was recently arrested and have my first court appearance next week. Is it appropriate to wear high heels to that appearance? If so, how high of a heel is acceptable? I prefer higher heels and don’t have much under 4 inches. 

Stilettos are fine. 4 inches would look nice and classy. Personally I don't go below 5 inches, but if I were to go to court I'd wear a pair of my 5-inch black leather pumps; they are classy and I'd wear a dress or skirt with nylons. With appropriate jewelry and some make-up I'm sure you'll do fine. 

One more thing: If they hurt your feet don't stand there slipping your feet in and out of your heels and when sitting, don't dangle the shoe off the end of your toes. Both of these can send mixed messages. It says either, "my feet are killing me" or "I'm kind of a flirt". Just my opinion. Good luck!

ladies being sexy is appropiate

Shorter heels are preferable, but higher plain black/grey heels will do, I think. Pair them with a very sober-looking outfit.

• GB

As long as you can walk confidently in them, your heel height won't matter. When you are standing in the dock, no one will see your shoes. 

I wouldn't recommend super high heels but short heels would be okay for sure :)

Why is that wrong? What objective truth told you it was wrong?

• F

As long as they are court shoes.

No, when going to court you dress conservative and not to get attention.  

@Lili yes heels of a 2 to, stretching it, 3 inch heels not stillettos.

Absolutely and I would go with a nice pair of 4" booties or knee-high boots paired with a skirt.  Total class and chic......

• kristy

Very appropriate if you wear a fitted dress or pencil skirt outfit. Maybe find out if the judge is a woman or man. If it’s a woman, dress more conservatively

I guess it will be okay but nothing too slutty looking..like stippers shoes.