Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 10 months ago

Question for MEN : i'm 14 and this week and had THE TALK with my dad. Today, he gave me two porn magazines. Is It normal ?

I'm glad your father spoke to you, and he's probably more uncomfortable about it than you.

If you have any questions about growing up, talk to your parents.  Be aware that not everything on the internet is realistic, accurate or correct.

He'll be vvanking you off next week!!!

You should have given the magazines back and said 'that's cute dad', and then showed him online pron.

no, these days we watch p0rn videos

Having the "talk" is normal, but having him give you porn magazines is not normal.  I would have felt awkward if my father gave me such magazines 

Not normal for the magazines. 

• Bucky

I do not think the porn magazines are appropriate.

• ron h

A little uncommon, but not a big deal.  I'm a little surprised that he even HAD mag's because you can see ANYTHING on line.  If he offers others, say "thanks, but that's all over the internet. There's no need to buy that any more."  And be a man: don't let your mother know about the mag's.

• Mark

That's normal. Perhaps uncomfortable, but normal. Lots of parents can't even manage THE TALK, without stumbling, blushing, being embarrassed - or simply throwing a book on sex at you, and expecting you to read it. (The more modern equivalent might be Kindle or something online). Plenty of very religious parents won't even do that - you might get a lecture about sin and condoms and such - or nothing at all.

Since you don't mention how it went down, there's not a lot else to add.

• edward

I never had the talk with my parents, i lie about sex today when the topic comes up and i’m married with a son. It’s uncomfortable for me to talk to my parents about something like that. I never purchased porn, to be honest, it’s free online and i never really liked it. Your father has wasted money.