Where do teenagers today get exposed to NEW music?

When I was a kid, decades ago, we were exposed to new music on the radio or MTV. But now a days MTV doesn't even play music video's (the ultimate irony) and it just doesn't seem like the radio gets too much of their time.

• Ducky

Streaming services such as Spotify, they will create playlist for you that consists of songs similar to what you listen to. They also have sections for the top songs/artists if that’s the music you’re into. 

youre writing on it. (and no i don't mean y!a, i mean the internet in general)

• k w

it was radio for me, 1st AM, then FM, and when crap music became the rage, I checked out......I can no longer relate to it......

Mostly on the internet with youtube and spotify. The radio will also put out the latest releases that are popular rock songs and some of it is ok

• the number 1 influence today, has to be the aptly nicknamed "information highway"  the world wide web..and the numerous platforms which have grown to promote and market music of all genres..

largest category of new stuff,electro anything music,,it is all over asia, like boom box small systems, for young males in 1 rm apts and mas house,,synthesized bounce back n forth rt ch to left,  drives me nuts,I hate it, for decent rock you tube or vinyl,a lot of it is still out there,

MSM are all diversity rap screechy soul,afrocarribean,  yuck

• Tony B

I don't think that normally they do get to hear new music - not in the way we used to - and I don't think many of them want to. 

People are mentioning the internet, soundcloud etc. but that's NOT the same at all. People have to actively seek out something new. In my day we heard new music on the radio and even on the few TV programmes that featured contemporary music. Even people who didn’t want  to hear that sort of thing(like my parents' generation) were still exposed to it:  it was unavoidable.

When we bought albums we sometimes hadn't heard any of the tracks or maybe just one or two - the rest was new. Nowadays kids seem to want to hear only the stuff that they already know. They want to buy that one  track they have heard of an album.

People post questions on social media wanting people to suggest music they should listen to: they just don't hear new things in their normal day to day life.

That's one of the reasons that music is dying. It's no longer the number one interest of most young people.

I was a teenager not too long ago and I would just seek out something new to listen to on the internet.

Spotty and soundcloud

Source(s): 79

Why everyone think they're generation from before is better

.

.

.