digis asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 10 months ago

Fluent speakers of English, could you help me with my English?

I need to translate a text but I'm not sure it sounds natural for English speakers as I'm not a native speaker. Do I need to make any corrections? I would appreciate any answers.

At first, Tom Nowak studied in Warsaw Secondary School.

The surviving academic records is a testimony of his outstanding performance as a student.

On 21 June 178, in the presence of invitees, namely, the most honourable representatives of the nobility and clergy of the town, medals were awarded to the brightest students in a solemn ceremony: more than one hundred pupils dressed in military uniforms were lined up in the school courtyard, trumpets were playing and cannons were shooting.

Tom Nowak studied, at first, at Warsaw Secondary School. The surviving academic record is a testimony to his outstanding performance as a student. On the 21st of June, 1782, the town's most honourable representatives of the nobility and clergy attended a solemn ceremony, at which medals were awarded to the most outstanding students. More than one hundred pupils, who wore military uniforms, were lined up in the school courtyard, whilst trumpets were sounded and cannons were fired.

[Please note: you did not complete the year date: 21 June 178. I have taken the liberty of changing it to 1782, but perhaps you can insert the correct year date.]

"At first, Tom Nowak studied in Warsaw Secondary School. The surviving academic records are testimonies of his outstanding performance as a student. On June 21th, 178, in the presence of invitees, namely, the most honorable representatives of the nobility and clergy of the town, medals were awarded to the brightest students in a solemn ceremony: more than one hundred pupils dressed in military uniforms were lined up in the school courtyard, trumpets playing and cannons shooting."