Does tip jar money really go to the employees or does the owner or manager take it for themselves? ?

At my local pizzeria I also put a couple of bucks in the tip jar. I wonder if it really is divided among the employees. 

Tips belong to the owner of the business.  Each business has a policy regarding tips so you would have to ask them.  Some businesses pay sufficiently so they keep that money.  Other businesses pool it among all of the employees.  Some businesses take a percentage and leave the rest for the employees.  The government does not tell business owners how to run their businesses.

• Judy

It would be illegal for the owner to take the money.

To the employees. If the owner kept it the person can be taken to court for theft of monies due.

Depends on the owner. Most will allow the staff to divide up the tips. A smart owner would realize that a good worker can find a job anywhere.

It's supposed to be, but not if your manager has two girls on the go and a wardrobe full of designer gear. It will follow him though like long since fallen psychiatric nurse.