If Impeachment is supposed to be bipartisan, according to the Framers, why are Democrats going through with it? Is it a political move ,,,,?

Update:

.... to hurt President Trump for the 2020 election?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • RockIt
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Pelosi even said

“I haven’t said this to any press person before. But since you asked, and I’ve been thinking about this, impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path because it divides the country..." Pelosi

What a psychopath.  So, she ignores her own advice and CHOOSES to divide the country.  What a cynical political operative that cares not for the American people.

• 8 months ago

Of course it's a political move. The Democrats are afraid that none of their candidates stand a chance against President Trup in 2020.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I cannot believe that Republicans think that extortion in an attempt to take down a political rival is OK. Or that they think rape is OK...and MASSIVE tax fraud is OK...and obstruction of Congress and Justice is OK...and so is personally directing campaign finance felonies from our White House. Of course, NONE of that is OK, unless you are a Republican...

• Lolly
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

This is a democracy. At the Midterms, Democrats took over Congress because the people want this president to be accountable for his many crimes. Why are you complaining about democracy?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

They say the framers meant .....by partisans.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

It will also be a partisan vote in the Senate that finds him "not guilty".  It balances out. It is unfortunate that democrats and republicans can't agree on what to do about Trump.  The worst case scenarios, whether imagined by democrats or republicans are always unlikely to occur. Have faith in American Democracy.   It has worked so far.  

• 8 months ago

The Republicans think corruption by someone sent from God is OK.

• 8 months ago

Pelosi cannot even admit that it is political or hate based, that's how delusional she is.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

It looks like opposition to the impeachment is going to be bipartisan. Does that count?

• joshua
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Where in the constitution does it say impeachment has to be bipartisan or for that matter where does it even mention political parties? 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.