Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

I ve been told my skin is porcelain.They also told me that porcelain women age quickly.Is it true?What to do?

• Kaz
    Favorite Answer

If you take care of your skin, and you stay out of the sun (as much as possible) and always use sunscreen when you're exposed to it (like a day at the beach) - I'd say false.   

Porcelain refers to having pale skin, and it's true that pale skin is more vulnerable to sun damage. Darker skin naturally produces more 'melanin', a pigment that protects itself from the sun and premature aging. The very good news, people with pale skin can protect it with the right sunscreen. Imho, Badger is the best. I use their chamomile sunblock (it's actually for kids) which looks less chalky and has zinc oxide, which is the safest and most effective active ingredient for preventing sun damage.

Yes they do age quicker. I would suggest avoiding drugs, alcohol and cigarettes. Also wear sunscreen daily on your face. I have dark skin so I don't have to worry about aging but I don't mind giving you tips.