What should I choose: RTX2060, 16Gb RAM ,with 1tb HDD or GTX 1660ti , 8gb ram with 512gb SSD?  (LAPTOPS)?

Is the SSD worth it at the expense of a better graphics card and more ram? Please help.

The CPU and GPU are what do the bulk of the heavy lifting. Having an HDD will make your boot times slower but once you're loaded things aren't going to really be different.

Since it has an HDD though that means it's possible to replace that with a SATA SSD whenever you want, where as most laptop graphics are something you're stuck with, so you might as well get the better graphics card over the easily changed out HDD.

I would go with the 1 Tb HDD, you can always upgrade to SSD AND 32 GB DDR4 ram as you go. Looking to do that myself.

Not into extreme gaming but the UHD GPX is more than enough for my use.

1 Tb SSD - $105.

32 GB DDR4 ram $125.

Not unrealistic at all.

the HDD can be easily replaced with an SSD later on so I'd go with the RTX 2060 system

You can change the HDD to an SSD after you purchase it yourself. 512GB SSD's are around $50 these days, and 1TB are around $100.

The CPU and GPU are fixed forever inside that laptop, you cannot upgrade them. Only the RAM and storage can be upgraded.

• A.J.

Provide links. The RTX 2060 is only a few frames per second better than a GTX 1660 TI and the 8GB RAM should normally be upgradable to 16GB.

A 1TB HDD with no ssd is a defective design.

The first is technically $390 in parts for a desktop PC and second only $350, but if all you show is what you show, the second is a better laptop.

I would not trust any laptop over US$500 that has no SSD. To fix the first you have to buy a 500GB SSD and clone the 1TB drive and swap them. It's a pain.

They are probably not identical in all other spec's and price.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-La...

No. SSDs are easy to install afterwards if you change your mind. It's not possible to upgrade the graphics card in most laptops at all, and those that can be upgraded have a limited selection.