Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

what is the easiest way to clean a small engine and a small carburetor that has lots of dirt all over it?

i dont know if just taking some q-tips and some soapy water is the easiest way or not, but that is what i have been doing but i was wondering is there some type of like "engine cleaner spray" that you can just spray on it and it causes all the dirt to just soak off?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

409 or Fantastic work well.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sure, just go to a parts house & ask for an engine spray cleaner. After using it & hosing it off, change the air filter - before starting.

• 1 month ago

Spray carburetor cleaner works. There are many brands on the shelf in the car part store. No need to shop only online. Oh, the things you can learn when you walk into a store.

• 1 month ago

cover the intake and pressure washer should help, once done change the oil in case water got in easiest way.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

dirt is dry mud.  Mud happens when you add water.  So put in back yard and blast with the water hose, will get the dirt off.

Engine cleaner is for grease and gas varnish...not dirt.

• 1 month agoReport

wont water get inside the engine and carb?

• 1 month ago

Take it to a self serve carwash a d blast the dirt off of it. I'm assuming carb is still on engine. Stuff a rag into the throat of the carb first.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Soak in carb cleaner overnight.

• 1 month agoReport

won't that cause the rubber seals to be ruined?

• 1 month ago

There are many degreasers and engine cleaners, ask your local car parts or whatever place. In all cases, you'll need to agitate the dirt with a brush once you've applied the stuff and it has soaked in. It won't just fall off. The place you buy the cleaner may well also sell short-bristled brushes made for the purpose. Q-tips will not be good enough.

• 1 month ago

An aerosol can of  carburettor cleaner will work best. Soapy water will not dissolve dirt and grease on an engine.

• 1 month agoReport

so will it be a lot quicker than using Dawn dish soap and water and Q-tips? will still need q - tips?

• Cali d
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

There is an engine cleaner spray!

You can also find a steam cleaner.

• 1 month agoReport

how does it work? you just spray it on and then let all the dirt soak off?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.