Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

What would a homeless person do for "activities"?

I have a friend who is homeless. We see each other from time to time. She tells me she does her activities during the day but she never tells me what her activities are. She's 64. I know she doesn't work. I would have no idea in the world what she's doing right now. Sometimes her face gets really sweaty that her face starts dripping from all the sweat, so I am just a bit suspicious what she does.... 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

maybe you should ask her if you want to know

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I know that my local public library is popular with homeless people. They read, they use the computers. One lady I became acquainted with is there a lot working on her typing and computer skills hoping to turn her volunteer work into a paying job. Oh, and that daily volunteer work earns her a daily meal. So between the volunteer work, the self study in the library, and walking everywhere, she's busy at least 6-8 hours a day. 

• Dv8s
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Having to pack everything you own, to find a restroom, finding something to eat, or panhandling. There are many activities that a homeless person would have to do, every day, just to survive. 

• 2 months ago

I'm pretty sure you're trolling, but just in case you're not, have you considered the possibility that she goes to a free exercise or dance class?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Activities through a community program/community house, such as exercise or dancing. Your friend may walk on regular basis, have a meal provided by the local community, church or outreach programs, spend time at the local library and look for other free programs available to her under these circumstances.

• 2 months ago

in seattle i saw one with a bucket and a fishing pole on his bucket it said "NO LIE IM FISHING FOR A BEER" i donated to his cause

• Binks
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

When I was homeless, I would hang out at the beach, state parks, a local zoo, shopping malls, libraries, the Borders book store, hiking trails, any place to take my mind off of the situation. About the sweaty part, are you thinking what I'm thinking?

• Linda
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

If she lives in a homeless shelter she could go to a center for senior citizens during the day or work part time or go to a center where there are crafts and other activities for women in that age range. Why don't you ask her next time you see her what she likes doing and ask her to go out for coffee or invite her over. She would enjoy the company.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.