anna asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 8 months ago

200 dollar credit card?

Hey guys so recently my credit went really down because I didn’t pay my card, personal reason why I couldn’t. Long story short my credit went done and now I’m paying it off. Will my credit

Go up after I pay it all off and how long will it take, I plan on getting my credit together now. Currently I’m in the high 400. Please let me know guys thank you so much and if you have any advice please let me know thank you 

Ruining credit is quick & easy. Building it takes years.

If you still have a credit card, pay it in full on time for the next 2-3 year and your credit will improve.

If you lost your card, get a secured card.

Nobody is financing you a new car because you could not handle a low balance credit card.

• martin

As long as you don't miss a payment, and always pay the minimum amount or more, your credit should hold steady, and even increase year by year, especially if you keep making payments whenever you can, and not wait for the bill to come in the mail.

• BBG

Don't plan on more than 5 points or so each month.

My best advice is to not buy things if you can't afford to pay for them.  Pay your credit card off in full every single month.