Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

Is it cruel to spray my cat with water when she claws my Christmas tree?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.  We have a spray water bottle out for when the cats get too curious about the tree.  They are older now and really have no desire to bother the tree.  A spray water bottle also works well for the dog to keep her away from bothering the tree.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Use mace instead.

• 2 months ago

No, it is not cruel it is necessary discipline. The cat will not die but i suggest getting something for your cat to claw on

• 2 months ago

I pretend to use an aresol spray near the cat if he misbehaves ovb wouldn't really spray it but the holding it and making a hissing noise quickly makes a bad kitty scamper 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes. You're going to throw out the tree in a couple of weeks, anyway.

• Sam
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The spray is good for the tree.

But for the cat, a loud hand clap is sufficient. 

• 2 months ago

You can only spray so much.  I recommend Cat-Away.  The best brand I've used is Nature's Miracle, and it keeps the cat away from anything you spray it on.  Give it a few spritzes around the tree and she won't touch it.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

it is pointless, the cat will keep coming back to the tree!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

My neighbor's cat destroyed his Christmas tree last year.  My neighbor held a trial for the cat.  It was hard to dispute the evidence and the cat was sentenced to death.  After numerous unsuccessful appeals, the cat was executed.

• 2 months ago

Cats need to be dealt with from time to time. You can even go as far as using an air rifle if the situation is appropriate enough.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.