Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

Is he cheap, broke, or not interested?

He paid for the first two dates. Then I paid for the third. Then for the fourth, when I was going to take my wallet out, he stopped me and paid for both of us. After that dinner, we talked a bit about stuff and he mentioned how "sometimes I'll pay, sometimes you'll pay, and sometimes we'll eat at home because it is healthier." Then a few days later, he also mentioned how he doesn't have money for expensive stuff and that now he has a car, he can't save much.

Favorite Answer

I think he is more than likely struggling for money. I think financial commitment is never a good way of measuring the interest of a guy because it is a superficial way of judging someone. The best way of gauging whether or not a guy is interested is the extent to which he makes an effort to get to know you and connect with you. For example, if this guy places a lot of effort in getting to know you by asking you questions that will get you to reveal you personality then I would say that he is genuine. I really hope his helps :)

Source(s): Do you know if this guy has a lot of experience when it comes to women and dating?

He could be just broke and he wants you to help out with stuff like that I mean I understand.

• D50

Sounds like he's interested, but if you're after a guy with money you'll have to decide how long you're willing to wait for him. It might be long time before he has any!

Just broke, does he have a job?

• Linda

He doesn't have a lot of money right now so he is more or less telling you that when you go out you will have to split the cost and sometimes you'll have to settle for eating at each other's house because that is the way it is right now until he gets a better job. He is interested but for now he can't offer much. Decide if you can accept what he has to offer and if you can't move on.

Uh....does it really matter which one? you'd break up with him for all of them anyway.

Lots of people don't have money for "expensive stuff" but if a guy ASK YOU OUT for a date, he needs to pay for the date. If you two mutually agree that you will pay for the date before you even go on the date, that's different. Men these days have no balls and have some idea they are entitled. I bet you a thousand dollars your daddy didn't expect your momma to pay for a date.

WTF is wrong with guys these days? if they don't have money, they don't need to date

He may be broke AND cheap, but I think he's interested and just not wanting you to get used to being taken care of.

• Rick

It's more about him being cash strapped (broke) than anything else.  His financial challenges don't mean that he's not interested in/attracted to you.

it doesn't sound cheap to me.

Also it doesn't sound like not interested. He has been clear he can't afford expensive dating atm but that hasn't prevented to treat you a couple of times.

I don't see what's the problem.