Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceFinancial Aid · 8 months ago

my parents don't wanna help me pay for my college and don't wanna pay for my transcripts?

I get financial aid and loans too but that doesn't cover all of it. My parents aren't supportive at all but don't get more aid due to living with them still.

• di

You do not indicate why you need transcripts, and whether you need high school or college transcripts. Neither one is actually expensive - skip a few coffees and you've got the cash.  Make an appointment with the financial aid office to see if they can help you with any more aid - if not, find a less expensive school that you can afford based on your financial aid eligibility.

Sign up with the National Guard - many states have tuition payment programs for their Guard members.

That's ****** up.

Source(s): My parents too
  • I can fully understand their reluctance to finance your education when you use such drivel as 'Wanna'

I'm sorry but life is a bit hard

• ?

What is our question?

Bottom line is that a college education is important.

Somehow, you need to find a way to pay for your education.

If your parents don't want to help you,

you will need to try to get more financial aid.

If you can't qualify for more financial aid because you still live at home, then

you should probably get a job, too.

Best wishes.

• drip

You don’t pay for your HS transcripts. 

If you don’t have the funds, you don’t go, get a job while going to school, start off at a community college

• Kyle

loans cover all of it if you take out enough.

you can always join the military.  they have hundreds of jobs that aren't all combat or infantry related.  if you finish your service, and most jobs only require four years of service, the GI Bill will help pay for higher education.  of course, depending on what you're looking to do, the training and experience you earn could get a similar job when your service is done, and may not need a college degree.

maybe get an associates degree.  if you can live at home and have some savings, you will save a lot in tuition and especially if you don't pay rent to your parents.  then you can transfer and finish your bachelor's.  again, some jobs and careers can be obtained with an associates degree too.  and there are many articles online detailing such.