What copyright exemptions does France have?

Apparently, France has much stricter copyright exemptions than other countries such as the UK, US, Canada, etc.

Copyright exemptions refers to what you can do with copyrighted material without needing to seek permission from the copyright holder. 

For example: I (UK) can use clips of a film for the purpose of critique...apparently you can't do that in France.

Is this true? If I were say a YouTuber who made reviews or content that referenced copyrighted material, what could I not do in France that I could do in other countries??

• Yeti

"There is no doctrine of fair use or any equivalent general open norm in France. However, Article L 122-5 of the IPC lists exceptions to the exclusive right of the author to reproduce his or her work. Indeed, once a work has been disclosed, the author may not prohibit, for instance:

[Private] and gratuitous performances carried out exclusively within the family circle, parody, pastiche and caricature, observing the rules of the genre or acts necessary to access the contents of an electronic database for the purposes of and within the limits of the use provided by contract."