Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 3 months ago

Why do older women give me dirty looks?

I noticed that older women (Like middle-aged.) will give me dirty looks for no reason, and I do not understand why. Also, I’m 18 and a female.

Update: Well, they shouldn’t have a problem with a random 18 year old girl. They are DEFINITELY too old for that ****.

By the way, I do NOT wear revealing clothes.

Favorite Answer

Unless you are misreading them, then they are probably just jealous. Don't let it bother you though, because its really not a big deal and life is too short for that.

• Blue Sky

Thanks.

So in these days of "ok, Boomer" and every third opinion piece being by a Millennial/Gen Z-er pontificating on how much they blame older people for all their worries you can't understand why an older person might assume you hate them.

One, maybe you think it is a dirty look and they are just upset at something else while looking at you. 2. be wearing something skimpy and they think, how could her mother let her out of the house like that or 3. they are pissed that you are young and they are not.

They may feel threat that your prettier.

I have the same problem, it's weird. I usually give them a dirty look back

Who cares what they think. You're in your prime and they get can get to steppin. If you're really bold, call em out. If you're chill, then continue being chill. Don't worry about them. 

Older women have bad reputations with melinials(sorry if I spelled that wrong) maybe you can just ask them what their problem is and they will probably stop