Eviction problems?

Hello, 

I currently live in an shared apartment ( I have two other roommates) in North Carolina, a few weeks ago the property manager accused me of throwing trash over the balcony and has charged me $100.00 dollars but I will not pay it because I was not the one who threw it over( didn’t even get home till 2 am) and I explained that to her. Her only reasoning was that she found a pizza box with my name on it in the trash found but the problem with that is... I live there in the apartment of course my trash would be in the trash bag. However I did not throw it over the balcony and there’s nothing in my lease saying she can charge me a fee. I won’t pay it and now on the 10th they will be filing for eviction. I just have two questions if I pay the 100 dollars at the court date will the eviction stay on my credit and two, will I even have to pay it because they have no evidence that I threw the trash over the balcony.

For ALL lease related purposes, ALL tenants are the same purpose.

You WILL pay. The only question is how much you will pay the landlord's attorney to collect.

Source(s): The attorneys for my condo association.

why aren't your two roommates included in the pending eviction? they should be ...

Good questions for your attorney.

Just pay the 100 bucks and the. Found out who did it and ask them tokay back . Seriously , getting evicted over 100 bucks . Have some pride  

Consult a local lawyer, but if the only identifying thing in the trash is yours then the court is probably going to side with landlord. I'd just pay up and ask nicely to not be evicted. You might be in the morally right, but is it worth going to court and being evicted over. Just make sure that you don't put anything with your name or identifying marks on it in the trash in future.