How can I get help for food when SNAP won't help?

I live in Buffalo, NY,

I make $36,000 a year and have to pay child support, 73% of daycare/medical expenses, car insurance, car loan, phone bill, gasoline and have no money left over to buy groceries, and have to live with family because I have no money to be able to afford rent, and I don't do drugs and work a full time job for 40 hours a week and get paid bi-weekly and drive a lot to drive accross town to pick up my son for visits


I don't have custody for my son only because I don't have enough space for him to live with me.

18 Answers

  • Tasm
    Lv 6
    12 months ago

    Food bank also food stamps maybe

  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

    how you gonna live on that? Tell them how hard it is for you!!

  • 1 year ago

    Find a boyfriend to take you out to eat.

  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

    Try to invest, and use resources online & from the public library. 

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

    when in doubt.,ask the government to bail you out of your **** poor choices and lack of ambition.,.,

  • 1 year ago

    You don't "have" to pay for most of that.  It is your "CHOICE".  Car insurance, car loan, gas - did it occur to you that if you gave up the car, you would have all that extra money for food and other things.  When you have a pitiful salary, you have to make wise choices.  A car is not one of them.  Take the bus.  You aren't going to qualify for help.  You have a full time job and are physically capable of working.  You have to live within your means.  That is what is expected of you.

  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

    I have a license, but I don't have a car. I don't have a child either.

    Currently I am living with a relative. I have enough money, for rent. I have enough money, for food, and I have enough money, for my phone bill.

    I prefer to save money, so I can buy a home.

    Lastly you can only blame yourself, for the circumstances that you are in.

  • Eva
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

    Find food pantries in your area. Most don't have an income limit and don't require you to be on SNAP. Try these sources:

  • 1 year ago

    Why don't you get custody of your son? A boy needs his father more than he needs his mother.

    You are the male role model.

    Move to Tulsa, OK and get a job there. The City of Tulsa is giving $20,000.00 to new residents.

    Check it out. I don't know the web address, but do a search...

  • 1 year ago

    When I was younger I had to get a 2nd job in order to get by. I also knew many others in the same situation who did the same. One has to get tough in order to survive. Handouts make you softer. Good luck!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.