How can I get help for food when SNAP won't help?

I live in Buffalo, NY,

I make $36,000 a year and have to pay child support, 73% of daycare/medical expenses, car insurance, car loan, phone bill, gasoline and have no money left over to buy groceries, and have to live with family because I have no money to be able to afford rent, and I don't do drugs and work a full time job for 40 hours a week and get paid bi-weekly and drive a lot to drive accross town to pick up my son for visits

I don't have custody for my son only because I don't have enough space for him to live with me.

• Tasm

Food bank also food stamps maybe

1 year ago

how you gonna live on that? Tell them how hard it is for you!!

• 1 year ago

Find a boyfriend to take you out to eat.

1 year ago

Try to invest, and use resources online & from the public library. 

• 1 year ago

when in doubt.,ask the government to bail you out of your **** poor choices and lack of ambition.,.,

• 1 year ago

You don't "have" to pay for most of that.  It is your "CHOICE".  Car insurance, car loan, gas - did it occur to you that if you gave up the car, you would have all that extra money for food and other things.  When you have a pitiful salary, you have to make wise choices.  A car is not one of them.  Take the bus.  You aren't going to qualify for help.  You have a full time job and are physically capable of working.  You have to live within your means.  That is what is expected of you.

1 year ago

I have a license, but I don't have a car. I don't have a child either.

Currently I am living with a relative. I have enough money, for rent. I have enough money, for food, and I have enough money, for my phone bill.

I prefer to save money, so I can buy a home.

Lastly you can only blame yourself, for the circumstances that you are in.

• Eva
    1 year ago

Find food pantries in your area. Most don't have an income limit and don't require you to be on SNAP. Try these sources: https://www.foodpantries.org/ci/ny-buffalo

• 1 year ago

Why don't you get custody of your son? A boy needs his father more than he needs his mother.

You are the male role model.

Move to Tulsa, OK and get a job there. The City of Tulsa is giving $20,000.00 to new residents.

Check it out. I don't know the web address, but do a search...

• 1 year ago

When I was younger I had to get a 2nd job in order to get by. I also knew many others in the same situation who did the same. One has to get tough in order to survive. Handouts make you softer. Good luck!