Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 10 months ago

Best safe(er) option for investing $100,000 for 12 months? ?

I’ve been looking into CD’s but I feel like the return is kinda low at 2 percent 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favourite answer

Actually 2% is high for a safe option for 12 months; some are closer to 0%.

2% is about as high as it gets for safe options for 12 months. Anything much higher would not be a safe option for 12 months.

• 10 months ago

Risk equals reward.  Low risk investments in this rate environment are yielding that.  At least inflation (in the US) is low. 

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

You won't find much better than a 2.5% return for 12-13 months with no risk.

If you accept risk, you can strive for more. Can you risk losing money?

• 10 months ago

It's definitely low, especially with $100,000 to invest. Have you consulted a financial advisor?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

You can probably get a little better return for a little more risk by buying an investment grade bond, but for the most safety you probably should stick with a CD.

• 10 months ago

If you need the principle to be safe, 2% is about the best that you are going to do.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

get a Roth IRA.  there you can pick safe accounts that you can use towards retirement.  i have mine through Charles Schwab.  they're similar to a 401k.  go see a financial adviser.  most give free consultations.  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.