Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 8 months ago

Why is it if you talk to God you’re considered religious, but if God talks to you you’re considered psychotic?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Generally, we talk to God through prayer and God speaks to us through His Word the Bible. However the Bible speaks of a still small voice that is the Holy Spirit that speaks to us, and the Holy Spirit lives within us, so the voice we hear is internal. I would describe it as a thought that you know is not yours.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

You've got a good point there. Lol

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

maybe........................

• 8 months ago

Because people make stuff up about what "God told them". One time an old "Christian" man used what God told him as an excuse to pull me aside and basically tell me I'm such a bad girl who needs Christ's help, made me cry. I did nothing wrong back then! I was a good Bible reading virgin girl. Now I'm a stripper and I don't go to fellowship anymore

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

If you're hearing voices in your head, anyone's voice at all it's Schizophrenia.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Because some people think that God does not talk to people back.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Ignore how others see it religious is believing God actually attends the Sunday morning fashion shows put on world wide it is written when 2 or more come together in my name that's a congregation I may attend using God's name to fleece the pigeons for cash or money in God's name is blasphemous to believe that is religion is ludacris my beliefs do not boils inside a house of I'll repute..

• 8 months ago

ONLY BY SOMEONE who does not know God or anything about Him....GOD DOES SPEAK WITH THE SAVED WHENEVER HE WISHES..

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

That's just not true.........

• 8 months ago

Is it? If the Holy Spirit lives within, then it should be a commonplace event. A relationship with God does go two ways.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.