Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 10 months ago

If I lose my job after 6 months, will I still get the full amount of unemployment in Maryland?

Not likely. Every state has its own test for qualifying, and it generally goes by quarters. You need enough qualified hours in a certain number of consecutive quarters, so timing is everything. Maryland will have a website for their unemployment department and the rules will be explained there.

The length of time you worked impacts IF you qualify for unemployment. It doesn't impact the AMOUNT.

That depends on things like why you lost the job, where you worked prior, etc.

• Ti

Your "full" unemployment compensation is based on your past 18 months of earnings. If you haven't enough credits to qualify, you do not qualify for unemployment.

You should ask Maryland