Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

Wtf why didn't he get charged but I did!?

So I'm in a mental hospital ward and I got very mad long story and enedex up punching a glass in the door and it broke and now I'm getting charged for it even tho it's a part of my mental heath! Should the police charge me still if I'm mentally ill wtf?

They charged me for criminal damage

Being in a mental hospital doesn’t quite provide you with immunity from facing the consequences of breaking the law. And claiming that you’re mentally ill is the weakest argument for explaining why you vandalized the place, you didn’t even explain what your diagnosis is. If you’re in full blown psychosis, maybe the judge will understand...

They’re just trying to protect themselves legally because they realize they did not protect You from yourself which is exactly what they are charged with doing in such a setting. That’s why you were there. Technically you were considered either a threat to others or yourself. Those are the grounds under which somebody can be hospitalized in that kind of situation in the first place. 

Well, they didn’t protect you from yourself, did they??? 

What if you injured your hand? They know all this and now they’re trying to turn it around and make it all look like it’s you. To protect themselves from a possible lawsuit. You should talk to an attorney and see a doctor and get your hand examined. Try to go after them. 

Hospitals have a lot of money and insurance and you could sue them for their incompetence. They know they dropped the ball and are afraid of legal consequences. Any lawyer would know right away that this is what’s going on. There’s no way they have any right to make you pay for damage to their premises under the circumstances. That’s absurd. They know it. 

What if you severed an artery in your hand punching that glass? You could’ve bled out. They know that. In such a setting, maybe they should even be using plexiglass instead of glass in their doors if, as it appears, they’re more concerned with the ‘safety’ of their property than YOUR safety while you’re under THEIR care because you’re considered a ‘potential threat to yourself’, which is one of the main reasons they are even legally allowed to hold you in that psychiatric unit to begin with against your will.

Why didn’t they immediately have you see a doctor to have your hand examined? Think about it. What if you had severed a tendon in your hand? Your hand could be injured right now and you may not even know it. Why didn’t they have a doctor look at it???  It’s a hospital. They were seriously negligent and they know it and now they’re scared. So they’re trying to turn it all around and point the finger at you.

• How do you have internet access

What kind of way is that to solve your issue and don't blame mental illness thats not flyin because every human being has mental illness or imperfections and I can tell you this I have multiple personality disorder each personality comes with 1 other mental disorder

1 bipolar disorder

2 intermittent explosive disorder

3 psychopathy disorder

4 substance abuse disorder

5 unessesary paranoia

6 obsessive compulsive disorder

7 derealization disorder

Still ain't prevent me from being charged with a total of 7 felonies and 16 misdemeanors you see what I'm saying

• 6 months agoReport

When you grow up one day you will look back at this and your realize of such a fool you sound 

Just because a person is mentally ill, they still have a thought process. And who thinks breaking a glass door is appropriate behavior? No one.

• Tulip

Of course they should

Why didn't "he" get charged?? Who's 'he', charli? And why would you be surprised that a person is still LEGALLY responsible for things he/she does even if they're suffering from a mental health problem?

• Linda

You can still be charged for committing a crime even if you are in a mental hospital. You're not insane just because you are not thinking clearly. 

• ?

I actually agree with you. The only reason to be in a mental ward is because you don't know what you are doing and are a danger to self, others property. ( property has been included in some places)

They should assume the responsibility.

• atomic fireball

Thank you. Finally an intelligent human being who actually understands what’s going on here. That this hospital is just afraid of its legal exposure because they know they screwed up. Now they’re launching this rudiculous ‘preemptive strike’. Pathetic and typical.

• you are still responsible for your actions.

• Linda

Before you exploded like that you could have asked to be restrained and they would gladly oblige you.