Can employers test for nicotine in Canada?

I live in a communist country(USA) right now. Trying to decide if I want to go back to Europe or Canada. I just don't want to live anywhere where anything resembles the US.

Both Europe and Canada are more "communist" than the U.S. is. If you consider the U.S. "communist", then you would find those places worse.

Sure, if they wanted to.  I am unaware of any that do though.  It is illegal in all provinces of Canada to smoke where people work.  This includes bars, or any other work place.

The US is NOT a communists country and Canada is very similar in its values.

• Bill

They probably can if they have a reason to, but in Canada, employers don't pay for health care, the government does.

If you think the US is "communist" you likely wouldn't be any happier in Europe or Canada. Unless by Europe you mean the Balkans or Albania.