Greg
Greg asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 months ago

What's your favorite movie from 1970?

• LilyRT

Patton

also Love Story and MASH

Duel (Steven Spielberg)

John Wayne Rio Lobo

The start of what is considered the best decade in movies (and music) has so many to choose from. Rather than go with critically acclaimed or most popular, I chose one of the best worst movies of all time, the mind boggling Hercules in New York (1970), starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and the immortal Arnold (Top Cat) Stang. The undubbed version is must-see. I saw the movie on VHS as Hercules Goes Bananas. Best scene: Hercules, while on a date in the park, gets attacked by a supposed 600-pound Grizzly bear, that appears more like a 140-pound man in a bear suit. Our hero chooses to slap-fight for his life, while the bear, for some reason, wants to wrestle Greco-Roman style. One of the finest moments in cinematic history. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercules_in_New_York

MASH is my favorite.

• Jamie

Superman the movie

Star Wars, A New Hope (1977)

• Shadow

Scars of Dracula 

Vampire Lovers 

Airport 

Taste the Blood of Dracula 

Nachts wenn Dracula erwacht 

The Horror of Frankenstein 

I am sure there are more but that’s just to name some movies I like from 1970. There is no particular movie that stands out the most for me from that year. I notice with some users on here, they’re not paying attention to the question because you’re asking for a movie from 1970 but they are replying with movies of a different year in the 1970s.

• hamel5

M.A.S.H.  or maybe  Little Big Man.   Catch 22 was also good . 

Back to the Future