What color backsplash for a kitchen with grey cabinets, white counter with grey vein, older peach-grey ceramic floor?

• I care

Some decorative pattern of your choice in clean white shades since counters have color in them.  There are some lovely patterns out there to choose from....have a great time decorating and have a wonderful time fixing your home up special.

Sometime grout has a shade of color in it, maybe a professional can show you examples with color or not.  

Sounds like my kitchen (less the floor). White breaks up the upper and lower cabinets. If you don't like plain white, you can use a dark grout to outline the tiles.

Likely Whitish dark to light grey in color

• drip

Ignore the floor. Too far away from the backsplash and if it is old you may end up changing at some point. 

How dark are the grey cabinets? Chances are matching up grey would be different. I would go with small tiles that are in hues of whites and greys.

Hard to say without a pic. The safe bet would be a white that matches the counter. 

• geezer

That's difficult because I would never have a splashback that was darker than the counter .. and I also think that kitchens are the one room in the house that should be 'neutral' in colour.

How about small, random, tiles in white, a grey (that would match the cabinets) and peach (to match the floor).

A navy blue with some grey and white in it would look nice. And if you're a little daring - a soft, mint green would look very cool too. And so it doesn't look like your completely ignoring the peach-grey ceramic - you can add a frame picture somewhere with a LITTLE bit of peach in it.