What country can foreigners give birth for free?

Hi I am an American and my wife is pregnant and the US healthcare system sucks so I wanted to know is there a country where my wife can give birth for cheap or free also please know that I’m looking at nations with high mortality rates and not Pakistan 

In most countries women give birth with a midwife. There are less birth implications than more. So you can probably just do it from home but have a hospital number on hand. My ancestors were born at home to my knowledge, it's just the same idea different place. 

Go to the country of California, Tell her to keep quiet and claim she is a ILLEGAL and she can give birth there for free and the Taxpayers will pay for it.

They are not allowed to ask for proof of citizenship etc.. Claim to be a illegal from somewhere else,,, canada maybe... 

Other countries won't let you in if you're likely to give birth imminently; free healthcare is for those who pay in, not health tourists.

A home birth is entirely free anywhere in the world. But if you want to deliver in a hospital anywhere it's going to cost you (unless you happen to be the citizen of a nation with socialized healthcare). TBH you'd be better off finding a lower cost birthing center. Unless this is a high risk pregnancy you shouldn't need more than a midwife and a bed. These centers are a fraction of the cost of a hospital delivery.

• I agree with this.  My three children were born in an NYC birthing centre.  Calm, professional, painless and also extremely cheap.

Edit:  Three weeks ago you said you were full-time military.  If true then you and your wife have GREAT medical insurance.  So, which question is the lie?

Here in the real world the USA has the best medical care on the planet. If you are financially distressed then look into government assistance programs like Medicaid. Also check with your local health department for information on sources of prenatal assistance for your wife. 

• Maxi

Airlines will not allow pregnant women to travel for exactly this reason which is people trying to get someone else( normally tax payers) to pay for their medical expenses and reality is if you can't afford to pay medical/delivery costs then you can't afford to have a child...... do a home birth

Where free health care is available, it's typically only for citizens. Pg visitors are typically not admitted just so they cannot access the country's health care system. Then if they do, they pay cash at "foreign visitor" rates without any credit from govt subsidies.

US health care system is not rated the best in the world (overall), but it is a lot better than most countries. You pay for what you get. Where you don't pay, you don't get much, if anything.

BTW, if you did not want to need health care in a situation like this, you needed to keep a lid on it instead of creating expense & trouble. Your fault - both of you.

Try a home birth with a qualified mid-wife.

Here in UK overseas health tourists are not sent a bill

• any country with a universal system in place will treat foreign guests for free .... but usually a public hospital wont be as good as the private hospitals in the same area.. 

Some people will give birth at private hospitals in foreign countries that have universal care in place and will be surprised that they are being charged. U Have 2 make sure that it's a Public Hospital..

Last biggest case i remember a family from the U.S. gave birth at a private hospital in Mexico when they were on Vacation and The Hospital Refused to Give Their Baby Back To Them Until They Paid .. Wouldn't Have Happened if they Went To The State Hospital..