Why do I look different in certain lighting?

I have a mirror in my room that faces the window and I think I look really nice in it. Sometimes my room fills up with so much light, that it could become even brighter than the bathroom. Which brings me to my next point, why do I look different in bathroom lighting? The lights face down in my bathroom. I look so different than the one in my room, especially in the hand held mirror in my bathroom. Why is that? Which one is the realistic one? Or are they all just different versions of me? Im very curious.

The mirror in your room is casting reflected light which minimizes shadows and diffuses the light.  This is why photographers and movie sets use big white umbrellas or panels to cast diffused light onto the actors.  Down facing lights cast very unattractive shadows and you are getting light ambient light distortion.  The bulbs in the bathroom could be distorting color, whereas natural light doesn't.  I'd say the realistic one is the one where you look the best.  :)