Do you like the name Scooby for a baby boy?

I know it’s real hipster but it’s the best we got so far. It’s our first child and we want him to stand out.

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

That's so stupid! You named your son after a cartoon dog. I rather named my son after a hero like the Power Rangers like Jason, Tommy, Carter, Conner, Andros, etc. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I love the name Scooby ! And the cartoon character dog who has it is so funny....yes, if i were you i would definitely go for it.

• 2 months ago

where I hail fromit is a nick name for a sanitary towel

• 2 months ago

Noooooooo way.....

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Only if his last name is Doo and he is a cartoon character dog.

• 2 months ago

Do you want him to die?  He'll get teased all the way to the bank with a name like that.

• 2 months ago

Reminds me way to much of scooby doo...  not a good name at all. 

• Moya
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Scooby doo.......

• Satan
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

So you want to name your son, after a drug taking, talking dog?

How about having him stand out academically instead, rather than making him resent you, and being the butt of all jokes during his school years and beyond?

• 2 months ago

Well, that will do it... make him stand out, I mean...

The boy may find a way for that to work for him as a name, but, some people will inevitably make Scooby Doo noises around him of course, and offer him Scooby snacks. That's not necessarily a reason to reject it, because schoolkids pick on everyone for whatever lame excuse they can imagine. As an original name, it's a bit of a dice roll, to be honest, it may turn out great, or not. It's a bit of a strange name, so some people will embrace that, and some won't. Part of it comes down to the boy's personality, which is an unknown factor... he may love being different, or hate it. By choosing an unusual name, the parents are promoting the idea that it is good to be different. He may turn out to love that, but if he wants to change his name to Harold or Fred or something, let him. By age 16, he will probably know for sure if he likes or hates being Scooby.

Actually, he might be alright at school with that name, since many millennial kids will have no idea about 20th century Scooby Doo cartoons. I would actually be pretty amused and impressed if "Scooby" caught on as a 21st century boys name.

So, I'm cautiously fond of it as a name, but I think a wide range of options should be considered.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.