Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

I was asked to be my brothers godfather. 24 Years have passed and I no longer want to be his godfather.What steps should take.?

Throughout these years I've not appreciated his demeanor.

"Godfather" is a largely ceremonial role that means if parents die while a child is a minor you'd be responsible for continuing their religious training. That's all it means and now that your brother is an adult you really have no role at all in that. So there's no need to make some big public declaration. Your godfathering responsibilities ended the day your brother turned 18. Although I do understand your desire to use this to make your feelings heard.

I was my son's father.  Even after 50 years I can't change that fact. Nor would I want to.  Of course there are not so many circumstances in which I would need to act.  You cannot just shed a responsibility like trees shedding Autumn leaves.

I'll take troll for $1000 Alex.

A Godfather traditionally is an idividual chosen by the parents to take an interest in the child's upbringing and personal development, to offer mentorship or claim legal guardianship of the child if anything should happen to the parents. Assuming that your brother is at least 24, there is no longer a need for you to be expected to fill that role as he is an adult now.

The first step to take if you want your troll posts to be believable at all, is to stop posting anonymously.