Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

How dangerous is PCP REALLY?

I want to try it but I’ve heard and seen horror stories about ppl freaking out and trying to tear there own skin off and ****. I’ve also watched YouTube videos of ppl who are (supposedly) on PCP just buggin the **** out...is it really that bad or are those rare occasions where maybe someone just took way too much. Is a small hit going to likely affect me like that? Asking for answers from personal experiences preferably. 

And you can spare me the “drugs are bad” or “Or you could just not try it at all,” because what I do is my choice so pls stick to topic 

If I ever do try it, I will definitely make sure to have ppl around me, I’m assuming this prevents a lot of the danger associated w using the drug alone....

• Retief

PCP is a seriously dangerous drug, with seriously dangerous effects. Those people didn't take too much, that is what happens when you take even a little.

If you want to ruin your life and possibly end up in a hospital or prison your entire life, you go ahead.

Having people around doesn't affect the danger, but it does make it a lot more likely that you can get the help you need if you need it.

I can't put a good value or quantity on the level of danger. There are a lot of negative effects which are possible and they are not rare, so the risk is not tiny.  How risky depends on too many things including dosage and purity, and even random chance.  Is it worth it?  Not for me to say.  It was never a recreational drug that I ever wanted to try.  But that was me, my thinking.  I am not you. It is your life, not mine.

Actually, those aren’t rare, and yes, PCP is one of the bad ones.  I work in an ER