Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 8 months ago

whats your favorite bread for sandwhiches : sourdough bread, sub bread, homestyle white bread, italian bread, or regulat wheat bread?

• rena

Plain, store bought soft white bread.

• denise

I like wholemeal bread and ciabatta / focaccia too.

I don't have a real favorite as I love breads of all kinds except caraway rye.

I lean toward whole grain breads because I like the flavor, not because I think they are healthy..lol.

Whole wheat bread.

I NEVER eat breads made with white flour anymore .. not since I got rid of diabetes by eating properly.

depends on the sandwich. 

Corned beef or a Ruben goes on rye or pumpernickel but rye is preferred 

Grilled cheese goes on sourdough or homestyle white or potato bread.

"My" sub sandwich, Volpi salami, roasted red peppers, provolone cheese with a few other things) goes on a small baguette 

I do like sourdough with a chowder (chowdah)

Most "sub bread" is so soft it is like eating cheap white bread, no flavor, no substance. 

Most regular whole wheat is the same, if it is a good grainy whole wheat is is good for BLT and a tuna sandwich or an egg salad.

Rye bread is my favorite.

Sourdough bread is delicious.

• Anton

As curtisports2 said, it depends on the sandwich.

A patty melt -- Extra Sourdough.

Rueben -- Dark Rye.

Otherwise, whatever is in the house.  Old plain Wheat is always available.

It depends on the sandwich. A Reuben isn't a Reuben if it's not on rye bread. I want a sub roll or Italian or French (which are all very similar in the US mainstream stores) if I'm in a sub shop. It's not worth paying the premium for a panini. At home, a package of ciabatta rolls from ALDI is reasonably prived and I will buy those to make my own subs or French dip sandwiches. For grilled cheese, regular sliced wheat bread.

sandwhiches is not a word and neither is regulat. You had an infinite amount of time to check spelling, but you decided to proceed with being a moron.