Why Is My Dell Monitor Take Hours To Turn On ?

I Have A Dell Monitor That Has Been Working fine for about 8 years all of a sudden when i turn it the power button turn on and off continuously for hours and then it turns on how do i fix this issue with my monitor

• DW

This could be as simple as a bad switch (power button).

• falcon

Time to change the monitor 

Buy a new one. The driver board is probably bunrning out.

• VP

Well, that's weird.  Don't all monitors last forever? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Things stop working -- get a new one.

As Keerok says, that's a typical effect of the electrolytic caps in the power supply drying up and failing.

IF you are conversant with soldering, electronic repairs and high voltage safety, it's a reasonably straightforward job. I've done a few.

(If by chance it uses an external power "brick" rather than an internal 115 or 230V PSU, you could be in luck - if you can find a new one with exactly the same voltage, connector & same or higher current rating on ebay).

Otherwise, get a new monitor.

• Tasm

Sounds like a power supply issue.

• keerok

Wonky capacitor?

It's either you know how to fix it or you can afford to buy a new one.

You've answered your own question, if your monitor is eight years old it's time for a new one.

Simple fix, buy a new monitor, this one is old, needs to be put out to pasture

Looks like the power supply is dead.