CiCi
Lv 6
CiCi asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

Are you supposed to peel kiwis?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

The fuzzy skin is edible, some people eat kiwis whole, though others don't like eating the skin. But it's probably easier to slice in half and eat it with a spoon, rather than trying to peel it.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You don't have to but I prefer to peel Kiwis because I do not like how the outer skin taste. 

• 2 months ago

I do. I don't want to eat the fuzzy outer skin.

• 2 months ago

If you wish. You can also just slice it down the middle and eat it out of the skin with a spoon.You can also eat the skin if you really wanted to do so. Just give it a rinse.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, the 'hairy' skin is unpleasant.

If your not slicing them for a fruit salad for example, To eat individually, slice off the top, like a boiled egg, then eat like one, by scooping out the flesh with a spoon, my husband has them like this with his breakfast items.

• 2 months ago

I work periodically at a produce processing plant and we peel (technically cut off the skin with a knife) as it goes into fruit salads and party platters. Some skins are thin and some are really thick and fuzzy so I couldn't imagine eating them. It's not like an apple skin. 

• polly
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I used to peel them, but nowadays I just top & tail them, slice them in half & eat them with the skin on.

• 2 months ago

I don't like eating the skin, I think it's disgusting. But some people don't mind it. Do what you want.

~Kate Yelkovan~

• 2 months ago

I'm told in Australia they just eat the whole thing.  The skin isn't bad for you or anything, it's just hairy and chewy.  I never tried that.  I always peel them. But I have them only seldom.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can eat the skin/peel if you want - it's edible.

I peel kiwis because I don't like the texture of the peel.

• daryl2 months agoReport

Sure do.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.