Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStudying Abroad · 10 months ago

Can you get an scholarship from USA or Europe universities by writing a perfect article?

I'm currently studying psychology in Iran.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

European scholarships are for those students who performed the well in academics. you may not get a scholarship with just writing an article. but if you participate in any competition for writing articles and win, you can get the winning price. that's the best way to get some help with your article.

there are numbers of scholarships in Europe that you can read if you like at  https://medium.com/@edugoabroad/scholarships-for-i...

• 10 months ago

As you are already doing an undergraduate degree, presume you are asking about a Master's or a PhD.

One of my daughters was a Psych undergraduate and did her undergraduate thesis on animal learning.  Her work confirmed a study done at Harvard some years before which nobody until then had been able to replicate.  Harvard offered her a funded PhD (no tuition + stipend) but instead she went to vet school. 

No better way on the planet to get the right kind of attention than a great undergraduate thesis.  How are you doing with yours?  Don't waste your time with an 'article' whatever that is supposed to be.

• 10 months ago

First, there is no such thing as "perfect." Second, psychology is a very popular major in US, Europe, etc, and citizens need advanced degrees to work in the field. You're likely not getting any financial aid to go to grad school abroad in a glutted field where you can never use your degree, never qualify for any temporary employment visa. Third, with the extremely high rate of student visa fraud (intent to remain is visa fraud), Iranians can have a very tough time proving they are returning to their country of citizenship, which is a requirement for any temporary visa such as student visa.

• 10 months ago

Probably unlikely - most European scholarships are awarded for top scholars (and are generally only partial)

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

In the USA, no an essay/article isn’t going to get you a scholarship from a university.

You can go on any US university’s web site to read what scholarships they offer, how much they pay out and the requirements for them. 

Are you looking at Graduate schools? Scholarships are usually based on your academics. Grades from your undergrad studies.

• 10 months ago

i would try it and see and then you'll know

• Mandy
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

“An” scholarship?  Are you kidding me?

• 10 months ago

Nope, because anyone can write an article unless you are proving something absolutely ground-breaking.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.