Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

why is boyfriend who has a restraining order against me requesting to add me on the messaging app and unblocking me from imessages?

I have a restraining order against ex boyfriend and he has been requesting to add me on a messaging app. i accepted and asked why he is doing that. the next day its even stranger, he unblocked me from cell phone messages. he was forced by officers to block me but now its open

Probably because he's clearly an idiot.

If he is requesting you... Then why are you accepting and responding?    Your response should have been to report to the police that he is making attempts to contact you

He's baiting you into reacting in a way that will cause the retraining order to be nullified. Continue (overtly) opening yourself up to contact from him so that when you try to exercise the protection order, he can claim that you engaged him and thus get the protection order thrown out.

Why did you even bother getting a protection order against him if you want to keep in contact with him? Courts don't take kindly to people arbitrarily seeking protection orders when they don't really want them.

• Stoo

So stop giving into his game. If you've blocked him, block him. Don't allow any of this. Break it off - or not, but every time you let him in you're violating your own order.