Griffin asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

Why do i still feel fat and look fat? ?

So for the past year and half now ive been losing weight.. i went from 300 to 212 but I still feel like i look the same. Everybody says i look good and look skinny some people even call me skinny legend and i went from 2XL to L but im just not happy with the way my stomach looks and I still feel like my face looks fat. Is it normal to feel like this?

If you lost almost 80 pounds you DO look different. Keep up the great work! Do you have pictures of yourself to compare yourself at these different weights? If not, take a picture now, and every 20-30 pounds after, take another picture. You're going to see a huge difference.

I think it's great that you lost so much weight! YAY for you.

and yes, some people have such body dysmorphia issues that the can't see a difference. It's related to a mental state, and i understand it's not healthy (because i've been there!).

Please remember you're doing a great job and that if you continue, you're going to be happier with the way you look. If you're not? Maybe consult a therapist for help or do some online research for body dysmorphia. there is self-help out there.

Yes it's normal. And btw, congratulations on a super weight loss! I lost 65 lbs three years ago and I still go to the plus size racks in the store. You'll get used to it.

Your trying your best. And that's really all you can do. But you gotta remember your beautiful the way you are and only what you think matters(I have the same problem)

maybe cause youre not used to it

It depends what you're aiming for. I'm going to guess you're aiming to lose more still, so until you reach your target, you probably will feel like that. Personally I think dropping 2 sizes and shedding a lot of weight is a fantastic achievement! It's unlikely that you'll be happy with the way you look, as most people aren't, but you should celebrate your achievements and it'll give you incentive to keep pushing towards your goal.