Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 8 months ago

Why is it that some men don't like strong independent women ?

"Why is it that some men don't like strong independent women ?"

Most men like complimentary women and not competitive one's.  It's the same for most women too, actually.  We want our compliment.  Feminists on the other hand want equal partners rather than compliments. 

So the answer is this.  Many men will date any kind of woman if they think they can score.  But when it is time to settle down and look for a wife (not a "partner"), then  men are going to want traditionally feminine women, and NOT feminists.

This is just the way it is.

.

You’ll have to ask each one individually

I mean it all depends on the type of man you are looking for. 

Personally I like strong manly men who protect, guide and lead a woman. 

Men like that tend to like more submissive woman who know their role and place. 

There is such a misconception in today’s society that tells us woman we have to be stronger than men, we have to be independent and not rely on a man, we can do everything ourselves etc. 

It is truly a toxic outlook in my opinion. 

Us woman were not created to do everything a man can do.. we were created to do everything a man can’t do. There are enough “strong” woman out there we need more woman who are kind hearted and tender. Who embrace natural femininity, because when you know your role as a woman and truly live it out you find so much purpose and freedom. 

Men will always be attracted (naturally) to more submissive feminine woman, over woman who are almost competing to be them. 

What do you mean by "Strong independent woman"...

Like if women say I like a man to be confident... And then you ask them what does that mean? Most of them will just repeat themselves as they don't even know.

• Sarah

I’d like my future hubby to provide for me 

That's has to do with science. Men who are strong will definitely prefer a woman who is weak and dependent. Men who are weak and feminine will definitely prefer a woman who is strong and independent. It's all based on "dependence theory".

We tend to fall in love with whom we are dependent up on to compensate our weakness. Only opposites attract each other. It may sound harsh but that's true.

Why is it that most women don’t like weak, dependent men?

Men like weak dependent women because they are sweeter.

maybe cause they want to be the one thats strong

Some strong, supposedly independent women are man-hating feminists.  It should be obvious why some men don’t like that.    

Different personalities and preferences. Some women like "manly" men who keep their feelings to themselves, and others prefer more emotional and sensitive men. It's all down to personal preferences