Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 8 months ago

Do high ranking Canadian universities look down upon W’s on ur transcript and are online course not taken seriously?

I am taking pre cal 12 but I’m getting a 73. I wanted to withdraw and re do the course online because I’m only getting a 73 due to doing really poorly on one test. Will the W on my transcript and the online course hinder my university acceptance please let me know.

That could be a problem, especially for the more highly rated & respected schools. Canada sets very high educational standards.

• Stoo

It never looks good. And if your intended field requires calc, be prepared for it getting even harder down the road. High school calculus is just a foundation. Calc is often a weeding course in first year. You're probably best advised to consider a major that doesn't require it - or double down on studying to see what can happen.