Why isnt my new Whirlpool water and ice maker working?

Its just out of warranty and was hooked up recently for the first time. The icemaker is full but when I try to get it at the door it just hums and the water does the same thing? Any clues?

For my last refrigerator I looked at reviews to find a good one. Virtually every refrigerator I checked, including the high end units, had a lot of complaints about ice makers that failed. In some cases the water feed lines to the ice makers broke and flooded peoples kitchens. I have hard wood floors in my kitchen and that would be worse than no ice. Ice makers also take up a LOT of freezer space so we just gave up and stopped buying refrigerators with ice makers.

• Lv 7

sounds like your line is frozen. you need to defrost the freezer, and run some hot water thru the line.

or you can replace the line...

i would call the company you got it from and ask them this question

• Rick

There is USUALLY a small valve where the ice maker water source taps into the house water supply, make sure it's 'open' ................

Empty the bucket.Sometimes an ice cube will get stuck were it comes out and also an ice cube can get jammed in the tray where the ice is made before it drops in the bucket if you ever wonder why there's no ice in the bucket.