Why isnt my new Whirlpool water and ice maker working?

Its just out of warranty and was hooked up recently for the first time. The icemaker is full but when I try to get it at the door it just hums and the water does the same thing? Any clues?

For my last refrigerator I looked at reviews to find a good one. Virtually every refrigerator I checked, including the high end units, had a lot of complaints about ice makers that failed. In some cases the water feed lines to the ice makers broke and flooded peoples kitchens. I have hard wood floors in my kitchen and that would be worse than no ice. Ice makers also take up a LOT of freezer space so we just gave up and stopped buying refrigerators with ice makers.

• Keith1 month agoReport

Lowes management replaced the whole unit for free.

• Lv 7

sounds like your line is frozen. you need to defrost the freezer, and run some hot water thru the line.

or you can replace the line...

• Keith2 months agoReport

eve not had one day of freezing weather so the braided steel lines running under the house are safe. Can the unit freeze the lines, if so why is the icemaker working just not dispensing?

i would call the company you got it from and ask them this question

• Keith2 months agoReport

I did and they want a technician to come out and charge me. I;ll call back to the tech line ty.

• Rick

There is USUALLY a small valve where the ice maker water source taps into the house water supply, make sure it's 'open' ................

Empty the bucket.Sometimes an ice cube will get stuck were it comes out and also an ice cube can get jammed in the tray where the ice is made before it drops in the bucket if you ever wonder why there's no ice in the bucket.

• Keith2 months agoReport

The bucket is full of ice but it seems to be jammed at the door so, I emptied it and ice nor water will dispense just hums when attempting to.