Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

What do you think or do when someone criticizes your appearance?

Some options:

1. Laugh along with them and tell yourself that "yeah i do have a big nose haha"

2. Try to ignore it and think, "wow how rude. I am kinda hurt." And just feel hurt inside whether you express it to them or not.

Favorite Answer

3) Put your focus elsewhere and not give any emotional attention to a person who chooses to pass judgement on others.

• denise

Say, "when did you join the fashion police?".

i just try to ignore them

• Raven

This question reminds me of something. A few years ago a now former best friend of mine said out of the blue that my eyes as well as the eye's of another friend of mine were the color of a dirty swamp. I think that's a horrible thing to say about anyone's eye color, and my eyes are hazel and change from green to brown under certain lighting. She bragged about her eyes being a golden color but she shut up about eye color after a while when I sent her a clip from a horror movie about a woman with her eye getting gouged out by a kidnapper. I think that scared her so bad she never brought the topic up again 😊 If any of you are interested in the clip, I believe the film was called 'Hostel'. I know I have a sick sense of humor, but I have a special way of getting back at people. I didn't show her the clip the same day, I think I waited like a month after or something so she could have had no idea as to what I was getting at. I guess the moral of the story is to never rely on beauty.

I feel bad for them that that's all they've got. A life so devoid of meaning they have resorted to making fun of people's looks. Like I say, when people try to degrade me I feel good because it confirms that I was already a grade above them and they knew it.

• PAMELA

I would just tell them to f off and then ignore them.

2. Try to ignore it and think, "wow how rude. I am kinda hurt.

• Kenny

3. I usually have a comeback and we both laugh together .

May be better to not let oneself get so easily hurt or offended. Maybe it can happen if one stops focusing on their appearance as much so they don't place much value on it. Maybe focus on other things.

Just a thought.

As a balding, pudgy dude approaching middle age, I don't care all that much. I actually ran into someone I hadn't seen in a long time a couple of weeks ago. They blurted out "wow, you got old." I was just like, yeah it happens.