Morgan asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

Why cant animal control tell me what shelter my dog was sent to?

My dog (staying with my grandpa) ran off about a month ago and i was just informed. I found the officer that picked my dog up but he said he was unable to tell me what shelter my dog had been sent to. He wouldn't even give me a yes or no when i aksed if it was wihin the county limits. Im happy to know my dog is alive but im curious as to why they cant tell you about what shelter he was sent to

Favorite Answer

Was the dog microchipped? That is the easiest way for you to be reunited. Where I live, if a dog is taken to the pound and not claimed within a week it is euthanised. There are shelters who make a point of claiming any unclaimed dogs on the last day. They then become the recorded owners. You would not be entitled to details of a new owner, even if this is a shelter trying to rehome.

They don't know, that simple. If the dog wasn't chipped then there's no way to know where its at. And you never bothered to GO to the shelters and look

The dog is likely not alive if its aggressive or they had it past the stray hold. Since its been a month the dog is long dead and its your own fault for not careing enough to keep the dog properly secured 

• PR

If you want your dog back, you had better check all the shelters. I would not rely on a microchip, either. GO and look, because shelters are notorious for not describing animals correctly. 

they might not be allowed to, i would just visit all the shelters, that officer might not know where they sent your dog, just go to all of them and see if you can find him

maybe theyre not allowed to tell you, i would just visit all the shelters and see if you find your dog there

If the dog was staying with your grandpa.. Then its nit your dog. You arent privvy to that information

• Nekkid Truth!

Are you an adult or a minor?   Dogs arent kids.   They are property..  And posession is 9/10ths the law on property matters