Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Implantation bleeding 6dpo?

I had unprotected sex on 11/28/19, and 

I didn't realize that that was my projected ovulation date. 

On 12/4/19 I had some brownish/pinkish spotting, only when I wiped. Today there is nothing. My period is due around 12/12, which makes me wonder if that random spotting was implantation bleeding at 6 days past ovulation? 

No it's not. First the timing is wrong and implantation is so rare it isn't worth talking about.

Spotting is normal and common at any point in a woman's cycle, and pregnancy/implantation is the least common cause.  Sure, you COULD be pregnant.  But statistically speaking, it's much more likely to simply be post ovulation spotting.  Even if you end up with a positive test in a week or so, it doesn't diagnose this as implantation spotting.

You could indeed be pregnant.  Wait till your period is actually late and then take a home pregnancy test.

The ONLY way to know if that was implantation bleeding is to wait about one more week and take a pregnancy test.  (if that was implantation bleeding - then a test should be positive about a week after it happened.)

If the test is positive - then it MIGHT have been implantation bleeding.  (Even if you are pregnant - that random spotting still might have been something else.)

If the test is negative - then it was just random breakthrough bleeding that can happen to any woman at anytime during her cycle.

That timing is a little early for implantation bleeding.

"Projected" ovulation dates are just guesses and  your ACTUAL ovulation could have been a little earlier or a little later than the date "projected".  APPS are only making estimations based on past patterns of cycle information you have entered.