Do I apply as a HS or college student on fafsa?

I am a 12th grader who is currently about to finish my associates this summer through a dual enrollment program. So basically I have a ton of college credits from college courses, but dont have my high school diploma yet. I am filling out my fafsa to a 4 year university. Do I apply as a first year student, or a first year student who has attended college?

• di

Your dual enrollment credits were earned while you were a secondary student. Once you graduate high school, anything you take at the post-secondary level becomes, obviously, Postsecondary.  Ask your intended college whether they would consider you as a 1st time 1st year student, 1st year attended previously, or some other status.

Before you answer the question using "nancy"'s advice, check with the college you plan to attend to be sure they have ACCEPTED all your dual credits.  Only add up the credits that are accepted toward your degree.

• nancy

You would use the grade level that corresponds to the number of credits that are being applied to the degree program you will be enrolled in. This can vary somewhat by the school or program, but typically, if you'll be transferring 1-24 credits, you would be considered a first year with prior college. 25-47 credits would be a second year or sophomore. 48-71 credits would be a 3rd year or junior. And 72 and up would be a 4th year or senior. Most associate's degree programs are 60 credits, so most likely you'll be entering as a 3rd year/junior. Your eligibility for federal student loans is affected by your grade level, so it's important to report your grade level correctly. For example, a first year dependent student will only be offered $5,500 but a third year student will be eligible for $7,500. If you're not sure how many of your credits you'll be transferring to your new degree program, check with the school you're planning to attend.

you attended college.

i would ask a counselor at your school about it

• .

If you have earned an associate's degree (AA college-transfer with 60 semester credits) you would be classified as a transfer student.

HS student bc u r