What do you think of a man that has been hiding to his wife that he smokes?

I have been struggling with my relationship because of my husband’s constant dishonesty.  I recently found out that he smokes and I have confronted him several times and he keeps denying it.  Today he tell me “oh the only thing that happened was that my mother brought me some cigarettes from Spain”.  Obviously if she brought him cigarettes is because he smokes.  I think this is the end because I can’t continue not being able to believe what he says.

• RP

This seems to be more about lies than smoke. If you cannot continue as is and do not want to try and improve your relationship, then your only option may be divorce.

• Happy

i am actually thinking about what kind of woman would ask such a stupid question on line and expressing empathy towards the husband.  God help him

A man that is hiding his smoking from his wife is hiding it because as an adult he has a right to smoke and she thinks nagging him to stop will make it easier to quit. At least he is considerate enough not to smoke in the comfort of his own home or near you if he is "hiding" it.

I can smell a smoker from 5 paces away.  If you had got through a single date with him then you would have known he was a smoker years ago.  Therefore I cannot believe your question.

• Tepee

I think it's his business and not yours or mine.

• glcang

Tip of the iceberg...

If you can't get over his lies, divorce him.

It's really not that complicated.

• mokrie

If lying about having a cigarette is the biggest problem you can name then the problem in the marriage is you.