I can hear the motor mount of my 2006 Honda civic making a noise when I go to drive in it. How much longer do I have left to drive in it?

• M.

If the motor mount is broken, just get it checked and repaired ASAP!  If it's making a noise, then it is giving you a warning of a problem.  All I can offer is to accelerate gingerly, if your motor mount is broken. 

Strange noises and vibrations and clunks are telltale signs of problems.  Please take the warning seriously. 

If you have a broken motor mount, and you continue driving like that, it overstresses the other mounts, including the transmission mount(s).

-Engine overhaul mechanic and general automotive mechanic since 1972

Have it fixed now and stay on top of the other things, and you'll be able to keep your car as long as you are willing to pay a little money from time to time. Sure beats another seven years of car payments.

Do not assume.  Inspect if the mounts are really bad.  If they look good, tighten the bolts.  If the mounts look bad, replace them immediately.

If you hear or feel a bad motor mount it means the exhaust system is taking all the strain and it will ruin the exhaust system where it flexes. Get the mount replaced before it costs you more money.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

How do you know the noise is coming from the motor mount?  

Maybe you could tighten the bolts?