Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 7 months ago

Our neighbour keeps breaking wind loudly out night and the noise is keeping us up. Is there anything we can do? ?

Favorite Answer

Breaking wind so loudly it keeps you awake from the next house?  I'm impressed.

No, this is a legal requirement in Trollville.

• Jerry

I don't think this question is "real" but will provide some hints on how to handle some sorts of neighborly excessive noise. Go knock on the door, pound on the door until you get a response. Then say "Thank God you're OK. I heard strange sounds coming from your apartment and was concerned." This lets them know that the sounds are intrusive and disturbing but avoids being a complaint so you're not picking a fight with your neighbors. I have used this method to deal with neighbors who had noisy sex. 

Alternately you could ask your neighbor whether he plays any other musical instruments or only tuba. 

• reme_1

You might want to leave a polite little note with some beano by their front door.

run a fan at night and wear earplugs, thats what i do if i dont want to hear my neighbors

• Murzy

get ear plugs .