Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 2 months ago

Will wrestling ever become mainstream again?

How do you make it become mainstream again?

“WWE is very much main stream or you wouldn’t see superstars everywhere.”

Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place but where do you see them? No one outside of wrestling knows who the new “superstars” are. This applies to every wrestler and wrestling company out there. You’d have to be a complete fool not to realize that wrestling isn’t as popular as it used to be. 

Favorite Answer

Wrestling was a trend, what's common about trends?  They spike, and then they fall, and then that's it.  

WWE isn't as big as it once was that's true but I still would class it as main stream though. Still is very successful!

I think for it to become more popular again WWE would have to be abit risky and make it more hardcore again, I feel like you saw so much cooler stuff on a weekly basis back then in the attitude era.. but it's all about health and wellbeing now lol.

I think a big problem is wrestling is looked down on now as "fake" but it's because of the cringey storylines that they are put through.

You are right in the fact that no one knows the new stars outside of wrestling fans lol Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins are 2 new big names yet someone like Randy Orton has that popularity factor where more people want to see him despite not being a new star because he is around from a time where wrestling was alot better

To answer your question I don't think it will.. but I think it's popular enough that it won't reduce either.

WWE is still very much main stream or you wouldn't see superstars everywhere.

'Indie wrestling' has never been nor ever will be main stream.

It never will. The wrestling boom was a happy accident. The actual boom was more related to the changes in society, technology, or pop culture. It had very little to do with wrestling itself. I don’t see how anyone could recapture the magic wrestling had in the 80s or 90s. 

• Murzy

It needs to be promoted with big name players.