Joseph is more like a real name of someone than Joey, right?

• 1 year ago

Joey is an awesome name, dont take that ****.

• blank
    1 year ago

Either is fine in my opinion .

• 1 year ago

that is entirely correct Ben.

• Me2
    1 year ago

This may be not entirely relevant, but ...

In elementary school, my classmate Sammy was possibly the only black kid enrolled.  For some reason, our teacher stopped to tell him that his real name wasn't Sammy but Samuel, and kept badgering him though he was obviously getting upset.  (It was years before I realized we'd had a bully for a teacher.)

Sammy obviously told his father about the incident, who showed up the next day, and told the teacher pretty forcefully that his father was named Sammy, his son is named Sammy, and that's what it says on his birth certificate.

• 1 year ago

They are both fine, as is Joe.

Which of the three is used would depend on the formality and the mood that is being set. (All three are equally real.)

• 1 year ago

Joseph is a formal name. Joey is a nickname.

• Murzy
    1 year ago

both are ok .

• Dv8s
    1 year ago

Joey, or Joe is short for Joseph. Joey is also what you call a baby kangaroo.